Our Website and Social Media policy
Cookies we use
A cookie is a text file that is downloaded onto your computer the first time you use a website. If you visit the website again, your PC checks to see if it has a cookie that is relevant (that is, one containing the site name) and sends the information contained in that cookie back to the site. The site then ’knows’ that you have been there before, and in some cases, tailors what pops up on screen to take account of that fact. Often this will include things like counting the number of people who come to our site, and see what pages are viewed the most. This data helps us understand how visitors use the site and how we can improve the user experience. Other cookies on the site are for accessibility purposes for example, if a user increases the font size of the text on the website, then a cookie is used to remember their selection for the duration of their visit.
Session ID and performance
- NET_SessionId – Stores a visitor’s unique, randomly generated Session ID and is used to pass information between site applications to enable them to function correctly. Expires at the end of the session.
- RequestVerificationToken – This is a security measure that helps protect the website from unauthorised data submissions. Expires at the end of the session.
We use Google Analytics to track anonymous website usage data.
- _ga – Distinguishes users anonymously. 2 year expiry.
- _gat_gtag_UA_80302552_1 – Used to control the request rate. 1 minute expiry.
- _gid – Distinguishes users anonymously. 24 hour expiry.
CookieAcceptance – This cookie saves your cookie preferences. Expires in 90 days and is not shared with any third party.
Third party exclusion
CHL cannot guarantee that apps and plugins from third parties will conform to this sites’ accessibility standards.